Vladimir Baranich, a country consultant and media analyst in the program “B for Belarus” on news, views, events and comments from Belarus (center of Europe by the way). Today the major theme of the program is “Belarusians in the mirror of holidays and rituals. Why Belarusians look for something that does not exist (fern flower search on July 6 for example)
- Belarusian holidays with distant ties to reality.
- Belarusians in the state of fusion of Christianity, Soviet ideology, paganism and preenlightenment ideas.
- Searching for something that does not exist: fern flower mystery and why it persists
- Independence day and its military flavor. Belarus starts the war information campaign in May and finishes in July. Does it make people more patriotic?
- why Belarusians keep science in disregard? Fear, deficit of self-esteem and laziness.
- legally serfdom is long gone but it still lives in the hearts and minds of Belarusians. Many of them are sure that the government/Lukashenko pays them pensions and provides for other public services, that the government creates jobs and ensures free health and education. Too many Belarusians treat a nomenclature boss with divine reverence and fear.
- freedom as a low ranking value in the hierarchy of Belarusians. They celebrate mysticism and escapism, not liberation.