Vladimir Baranich, a country consultant and media analyst in the program “B for Belarus” on news, views, events and comments from Belarus (center of Europe by the way). Today the major theme of the program is “What Belarus achieved after 28 years of independence”.
- Has Belarus become really independent?
- Status of the Belarusian language and culture. Any hope for revival and survival? Possible options with the Russian language and the fusion of cultures;
- status of the security system: army, policy and law enforcement agencies.
- status of money. People choose $-dollar and reject BYN-rouble monopoly.
- National economy as the most vulnerable link of the Belarusian independence chain.
- Centralization of power and the absence of the full-fledge institution of private property as existential threats to Belarus independence.