Vladimir Baranich, a country consultant and media analyst in the program “B for Belarus” on news, views, events and comments from Belarus (center of Europe by the way). Today the major theme of the program is “Belarus and security in the modern world. The most effective ways to ensure it”.
- Belarus as a country with a lot of policemen: 1442 per 100 thousand people. Why so many people in the uniform?
- Personal safety in Belarus: homicide rate – 78th place in the world, traffic deaths – 45th place in the world.
- Was Security conference in Minsk with the participation of A. Lukashenko about PR of the Belarusian regime or is it a statement of Belarus independence and its unique role on the security structure of Europe?
- According to Global Militarization Index Belarus ranks № 5 in Europe. Why is Belarus so militarized? What is it afraid of?
- Six pillars of soft power: government, enterprise, engagement, education, digital, culture. What are Belarus comparative advantages in these areas?