April 16, 2020. Another program “B for Belarus” on PRIMUS radio. This time the major theme of the program is “Belarusians and “rainy day”. How they cope with a crisis. We cover this theme with Vladimir Baranich, a country consultant and media analyst.
- Belarusians and “rainy day”. How they cope with the crisis. Is it different from the previous mode of behavior?
- Facing a crisis a Belarusian will more likely to double the volume of potato planted rather than take civic actions and demand the change of the government.
- Belarusian official statistics uses its own methodology on many issues including unemployment. Why the official unemployment number of 0.3% is a gross fake.
- Why do Belarusians ignore psychological aid from professionals preferring alcohol and escapism?
- The crisis generates more anger, envy and desire for sponging rather than solidarity, civic activism and responsible cooperation.
Vladimir's info outlet is http://expat.by/