October 14, 2020. Another program “B for Belarus” on PRIMUS radio. This time the major theme of the program is “Roots of Belarusian cruelty, tolerance and attitude to power. Why police are so brutal and merciless». We cover this theme with Vladimir Baranich, a country consultant and media analyst.
- Unprecedented level of cruelty and repression in Belarus: since August 9 over 14,000 people were detained, about 1500 people were beaten and tortured, at least 5 persons were murdered. What are the roots of such police cruelty?
- In broad daylight a flower business owner in Minsk was severely beaten by policy and put behind bars. The way the authorities treat business: stay away from political and civic activism. Making money excludes being a citizen.
- Why are so many so-called ordinary people without education and severe deficit of culture support violence, torture and even murder?
- Constitution has nothing to do with the violence and brutality exercised by Belarusian police and special forces.
- One journalist called Belarusians “pink ponies” for the nature of the Belarusian protest. Will they turn into strong proud horses or obedient, subservient mice?
Vladimir's info outlet is http://expat.by/